Data entry guide

Sam Carella

25 Sep, 2017 03:33 PM

It would be great if you guys would put together a data entry guide. A document that explains both how best to enter different workout types (especially the ones that are straightforward) to help everyone get on the same page. The database is getting to be a mess with all kinds of incorrectly entered data.

Also, for athletes to understand how best to enter their results. Obviously if it's just for time and you do it Rx its very straightforward, but if you scale it or don't complete all the work or get timecapped what is the best way? Do I edit the reps to show what I actually did, or leave it and just enter it in notes and click modified? How about team workouts? Do you enter half the reps like you guys did for Team Series 2017 Event 2? For timecaps do you add 1s per missed rep? Or change the reps in the workout and enter the timecap time?

It's pretty frustrating that the answers to these questions can't be found in one place and there isn't a resource for new users to learn. It means the community ends up with a lot of bad data. What's the point of entering my time for the team series workouts if everyone enters their results wrong and my score is all wrong?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Toni Smith on 26 Sep, 2017 07:02 PM

Hey Sam,

Thank you for this feedback! I totally agree with you. This is something that has come up with the team and we are looking at different ways we can help correct this issue. I am going to bring your feedback up with the guys today. We will put something together very soon.

Thank you for this feedback again,

Best,

Toni

2. Toni Smith closed this discussion on 26 Sep, 2017 07:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac