Plan and log vs. log only question.

Sergey Antonets

18 Aug, 2017 07:40 AM

Hi! Need your advice (plz see attach.). The thing is that with the same weights and reps I get different levels, depending on whether I log previously planned workout with %rpm (top of the pic) or just log the new workout, putting in kgs and reps I lifted straight (bottom). Which is the correct way of logging such workout and what’s the difference? Thanks in advance!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jake Mannion on 18 Aug, 2017 07:54 PM

Sergey,

As far as BTWB is concerned, those are two completely different workouts. Your workout level is determined by comparing your score with other people who also logged scores to that specific workout. The sample sizes could be different for both. One workout could also contain heavier posts than the other. Both of those will cause different levels, even though the weights are exactly the same.

I hope this makes sense. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Jake

2. Jake Mannion closed this discussion on 18 Aug, 2017 07:54 PM.

3. Sergey Antonets re-opened this discussion on 21 Aug, 2017 01:41 PM

4. 2 Posted by Sergey Antonets on 21 Aug, 2017 01:41 PM

Ok, I get it, thanks! But will both of this workouts take effect on Potential Max calculation the same way?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jake Mannion on 22 Aug, 2017 10:16 PM

Sergey,

Yes, it should because the potential max calculations are for individual movement sets. So the potential max will be the same for your 5 rep power clean @65kg regardless of the workout it comes from.

Jake

6. Jake Mannion closed this discussion on 22 Aug, 2017 10:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac