EMOM with Varying Weight

Tim

18 Jul, 2017 07:12 PM

Yesterday I did a EMOM complex of 1 squat clean, 2 front squats and 1 split jerk. How do I record that in the EMOM log since the weight increased every round?
i.e. 135, 135, 155, 165, 175, 185, 185, 185, 195, 195

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Toni Smith on 19 Jul, 2017 05:55 PM

Hey Tim,

You have two options. First, you can use the "1 squat clean + 2 front squats + 1 split jerk" movement in the "single movement"=>"emom" template. This will allow you to enter in the weights for each round.

OR, you can use the "multiple movements"=>"weightlifting sets" template. Make it 10 sets (the length of the emom) then add the 3 movements separately and set the reps. You'll be able to add the weight used for each.

My personal suggestion would be to use the 2nd option because this will allow BTWB to keep track of each of the reps and weights for each piece of the complex. You can add that it was a complex in Your notes. The first option doesn't allow BTWB to keep data for each piece of the complex because it's been added as one big movement. As an example, in using the big complex movement, your front squat data won't be updated.

Let me know if you have any issues or question.

Toni

2. Toni Smith closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2017 05:55 PM.

3. Timothy Hussey re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2017 06:49 PM

4. 2 Posted by Timothy Hussey on 19 Jul, 2017 06:49 PM

Hi Toni,

Thanks, that makes sense and I like the idea of tracking each movement. However I don't see the option for the "weightlifting sets" template. The only thing that seems close is "For Time". Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Tim

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Toni Smith on 24 Jul, 2017 05:29 PM

Hey Tim,

Sorry for the delay, "weightlifting sets" only appear if you are planning workouts. so if you go in and plan the workout first, you'll have access to that. Then you can log the result from your calendar.

Best,

Toni

6. Toni Smith closed this discussion on 24 Jul, 2017 05:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac