Google chrome crashing

Stephen Hogan

13 Mar, 2017 08:56 AM

Hi I'm having problems with google chrome crashing and giving an 'aw snap' message whenever i try to sign in and go to home page. It is happening both on my laptop and on my phone. Any suggestions on how to fix?

1. 1 Posted by Mo Abdel-Hafez on 13 Mar, 2017 10:31 PM

I'm also having the same issue. And Can't connect from safari on my iphone however the app works

2. 2 Posted by Logan Johnstone on 14 Mar, 2017 01:12 AM

same same for me

3. 3 Posted by Paul McAvoy on 15 Mar, 2017 02:29 AM

and here too

4. 4 Posted by Paul Roseworn on 15 Mar, 2017 03:14 AM

...me too. Google Chrome fails as described above but Internet Explorer works fine on the same PC, A copy of the error message is attached. This has only started occurring since March 13, 2017.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Corey Tripp on 15 Mar, 2017 10:11 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry that you are having issues and we are looking in to it. A few other people have reported a similar issue and they happened to be located in Western Australia. Are some of you located there as well? Any additional information could be helpful too, like local time of day, specific pages or the whole site, stuff like that.

Thanks,
    -Corey

6. 6 Posted by Paul Roseworn on 15 Mar, 2017 10:27 PM

Hi Corey

I’m in Sydney, NSW (other side of the country). It’s happening all the time. I tried at home on a mac last night but had the same issue with Chrome on that. In all instances, I can get to the sign in page, enter my log in details and hit enter, then my personal page starts to load, you can see about 2/3 of it display & then it crashes.

It was interesting though because I was requested to log on to BTWB in order to submit this error message to you & I had no issues. So maybe it’s just the other page that crashes, you know, the one that shows you all the WODs for the day / week / month and where you commence logging your results.

Cheers, Paul

7. 7 Posted by Mo Abdel-Hafez on 15 Mar, 2017 10:29 PM

Hi I am located in Melbourne Victoria. Having the issue still in google chrome and safari on iphone. My friend is also having the issue in his iPAD. I did try IE today and was able to get in however have some problems there too. Will load screen shot in another chat

8. 8 Posted by Paul McAvoy on 15 Mar, 2017 10:32 PM

Hi Corey

I am in Melbourne, Victoria and have exactly the same symptoms as Paul R mentions above. It definitely appears to be the whiteboard page as if I log in using edge or internet explorer I can copy/paste the url for say https://beyondthewhiteboard.com/workout_sessions/log and it will display that page fine in Chrome.
    Happens any time of day.

Paul

9. 9 Posted by Hi Corey on 18 Mar, 2017 03:50 AM

I'm based in Sydney, this is also happening to me, I've cleared my cache.

Is it because I'm part of the beta group?

Cheers
    Gaz

10. 10 Posted by Andrew on 18 Mar, 2017 07:04 AM

Me tooooo. Been googling myself to a standstill trying to work out what's going on. Glad I found this.

11. 11 Posted by Richard on 19 Mar, 2017 10:07 PM

Same here:

It crashes both Safari and Google on my Mac and my Blackberry browser.

Been the last week or two.

Usually just after login.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Corey Tripp on 20 Mar, 2017 06:01 PM

Hi Guys,

Again, I'm sorry that you are having problems accessing the site. I've tried a few things but haven't been able to reproduce the issue you guys are reporting. Since we are in the USA and the issue only seems to be from users in Australia it makes troubleshooting the problem difficult. If somebody is familiar with the Developer Tools in Google Chrome and wants to help out by grabbing a screen shot of the either the Console tab, or Network of the page request that fails, that would great.

-Corey

13. 13 Posted by Andrew on 20 Mar, 2017 10:00 PM

Does this help?

14. 14 Posted by Paul McAvoy on 20 Mar, 2017 10:08 PM

When the page loads and crashes it takes dev tools down with it. I have captured and attached a video of what happens with the network tab of dev tools open. Hopefully this helps but it appears to be related to the weekly/fortnight view at the top of the page

15. 15 Posted by Paul McAvoy on 20 Mar, 2017 10:11 PM

trying the attachment again...

16. Support Staff 16 Posted by Corey Tripp on 21 Mar, 2017 07:08 PM

Thanks for the attachments guys! We'll take a look and see what we can workout.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac